Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Malaysia in Summary

One word that would probably describe Malaysia at this point in time; hecticism.

Wait... is that even a word?

Well whatever it is, if you ever come to visit Malaysia you can surely bet your last dollar that you'll probably use the same descriptive "noun" anyway...haha.

Anyway, from the last time we blogged (which was a while back), our trip had in fact parted ways between us. Anthony had to leave for Alor Setar, which is a 6 hour drive from KL, to visit his relatives and to attend a wedding at his dad's hometown. He was away for three nights, so the rest of us had to keep ourselves busy back here in KL.

So we (i.e. Ben, Ming and myself) went to 1Utama. I'd say of all the shopping places in Malaysia, 1 Utama had to be at the top 3 amongst Times Square, Low Yat Plaza and Petaling Street (yes, haggling qualifies as high quality shopping hehe).

Anyway, Ben the childish way he is, was overenthusiastic to see young girls and boys dancing on stage while some childish Disney Princess song....haha. Nah but quote and unquote Ben says "you don't see this normally in Perth anyways" so I guess he's got a point there lol.

No we're not perverts.

We went to buy bubble tea (Ben craved) and then Burger King. At around 5pm came the main attraction of the night; visiting my grandparents.

Oddly enough though, Ben and Ming fitted in really well with my family. Don't ask me why, but Ben had no trouble with the durian, Ming spat it out after one nibble and I gloriously finished it for him. Later that night, I stayed over but the others went back to the hotel.

The next day, Ben and Ming went to see a very heavily edited version of The Heartbreak Kid at the cinemas in Times Square...pissed off they were. Later that night we went to Petaling Street, which got raided by the Police anyway (which I think is just a show) so shopping didn't go for long.

Mext trip was Genting Highlands. We missed the morning bus but, so we hopped into a taxi which overcharged us. We didn't bother going on those Theme Parks because it was way to foggy and the rides weren't too flash either. But I'll let the pics do the talking at this stage:



During the night, it was time for Ben and I to check our Pharmacy results. Ben did fantastic, I got a supplementary examination for Pharmaceutics. This was painful news. I have to tell you this so in future I'll remember. This hiccup means that I need to stay in Malaysia for a while until my parents come back to bring my notes over.

Anthony came back from his 4 day holiday too. I guess you could say that we can now continue our trip to the next destination in mind - Singapore.

Signing off,
Keegan

2 comments:

vanessa said...

sounds like you guys are having so much!
oh how i miss asia!
you all are in malaysia and you're having hungry jacks?!?! what about curry mee or char kuey teow or the hawker places? haha

good luck for your supp!

-Jon Yen- said...

eat some wanton mein for me lol